If you are a current financial club member you should be receiving regular emails from the club to keep you updated with all club activities on offer. At Currumbin Creek we have regular club activities / training each Saturday morning. For all paddlers who are looking for a regular training squad to improve their paddling fitness or speed please refer to the CV Paddlers training squad below,
If you’re currently a member not receiving club emails please contact Grant at email@example.com
C = Currumbin Creek Paddlers Club
V = Location, Varsity Lakes
With increased demand to provide regular midweek training sessions for our members and to grow the sport a new program is now being offered by Chris Hurley, Peter Winton and Brook Cross. It has been named the CV Paddlers.
With the full support of the Currumbin Creek Paddlers Club Committee the club has launched an alternative training and boat storage facility at Varsity Lakes. This has been operational from the 1stof July 2019. The program being offered here is designed to provide novice to elite level kayak training/coaching for juniors and seniors.
Monday AM 0530 on the water for start, roughly 6:45am finish
Tuesday AM 0530 on the water for start, roughly 6:45am finish
Wednesday AM 0530 on the water for start, roughly 6:45am finish
Thursday AM 0530 on the water for start, roughly 6:45am finish
Friday AM 0530 on the water for start, roughly 6:45am finish
Saturday – To be advised by the coaches during the week.
Beginners are best to contact Coach Pete or Coach Chris for sessions to attend.
Junior sessions are Wednesday AM, Wednesday PM or Friday AM. Saturdays to be advised by coaches.
This program aims to satisfy a growing need for specialist paddling training which neither the Varsity Paddlers Club nor our club at Currumbin could not provide:
- Developing paddling skills of junior paddlers right through to masters paddlers
- Competition training for Sprint & Marathon
- Enjoy the sport of paddling
- Growing the sport through junior development
- Surf to Kayak – Surf Juniors and improve their paddling skills and compete in kayaking and surf life saving events across Australia.
- Come & Try – Paddle Queensland insurance fee of $5 covering 3 sessions. $5 for maintenance per week to CV Paddlers. After the 3 sessions the new paddler will have to become a Paddle Queensland club member.
- Club Members – Membership holders $10per month maintenance fee
- Kids in Surf Clubs – $5 per week maintenance fee (insurance is covered through Queensland Surf Life Saving)
- Kayak/Ski Storage – $100per year
For enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org or Coach Pete 0412769148.
CV Paddlers Squad
Bay/Boatshed 1, Sports House